mind our business as we flatten the curve
as we all change and simplify in the new normal of Covid-19, local companies are responding with new ways to safely meet community needs, and to stay in business.
setting up a sidewalk shop, teaching yoga online, and delivery to the door have become the new normal for our companies, and community response plays a huge role in helping these companies survive the pandemic. minding our business - paying attention to what local companies are doing, understanding how their businesses work and build community, and choosing local will help set up a future we want to work toward.
for the #mindourbusiness feature, we'll be looking at the role local companies play in the community - how they support us, and how we support them.
check back as the story unfolds...
the pix down the side
- outside the Canary Cycles shop on LeMarchant is a busy place as people lean toward alternate transport, and biking for pleasure
- Bobby Bessey of Shakti yoga did a quick tech update when social distancing came onstream
- outdoor activity, with the six foot space, is recommended. the City of St. John's encourages a clock-wise direction to keep that distance
- streets that are usually lined with traffic are quiet
- playgrounds are taped off
- catching up with friends is an online pursuit
- walking in your bubble takes up a whole street when paths cross
- seeing Nanny from 30 feet (taking no chances there!)
- window rainbows and doorstep waves are very heart-warming
- public displays of appreciation for essential workers is the norm
the intro livestream
- we went live in the back yard on a sunny April 26 to share the cool things that are coming up!
the We Got This series
- We Got This is a new project that nurtures resilient, locally-focused communities in a post Covid-19 Newfoundland and Labrador. it’s a multi-episode, fresh and original livestream series that informs, educates, and inspires the community and offers practical tools to take action as we move forward.
- First Episode is with Bobby Bessey of Shakti Yoga!
Look for the Good
- get a few new deets on the awesome vendors who have changed the way they do business as we #flattenthecurve and enter to win a great prize! click here to play!
- this round is #flattenthecurve themed which means the prize is full of awesome gear to help us get through this challenging time
community think tank
- Covid-19 has changed so many things for so many people. the #mindourbusiness community think tank check out which was the easiest adjustment?
- and we'll see what else shows up!
- we #mindourbusiness as we #flattenthecurve